Digital Hardware Design
DRA offers comprehensive Hardware Design Services with leading edge expertise in Xilinx Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), Multiprocessor System-on-Chip (MPSoC), and Radio Frequency System-on-Chip (RFSoC) technologies. The digital team uses the following tools and techniques including the latest technologies from Xilinx and third parties for code generation, simulation, and hardware-in-the-loop testing:
- FPGA, MPSoC, RFSoC firmware and software development
- Conversion of software algorithms into VHDL for real-time processing
- System level testbench generation and design verification
- Synthesis and timing analysis of FPGA designs
- Custom analog/digital circuit design
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB) design, fabrication, and assembly
- On-site product integration and hardware-in-the-loop testing
- Reverse engineering sequential C/C++ and MATLAB code to VHDL for real-time parallel processing execution
DRA can translate and optimize customer provided C/C++ and MATLAB algorithms into FPGA parallel-processing architectures to support real-time processing needs. DRA can provide turnkey hardware solutions that leverage Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS) development boards, or design custom electronics as needed such as backplanes and FPGA, MPSoC, and RFSoC processing board and modules.
DRA has a proven background in developing custom MPSoC software and FPGA firmware for numerous applications that include compact Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) image processing systems, portable laser detection systems, and large-scale, ground-based Radio Detection and Ranging (RADAR) systems.